KitchenMate’s Thrive category is made up of a variety of perfectly balanced dishes that will keep you feeling energized, focused, and satisfied, and they taste fantastic!
These dishes do not subscribe to any one extreme style of eating and were designed with one goal in mind - to encourage the consumption of nutrient-dense foods in the right amounts
Thrive dishes include:
- Lean animal and vegetarian proteins to build and repair tissues and satiate your hunger
- Complex carbohydrates like grains, legumes (dried beans, peas and lentils), and starchy vegetables that are high in fibre to balance your blood sugar and keep you fuller for longer
- Colourful vegetables which are packed with vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients
- A reasonable amount fat to add flavour and mouth feel
Thrive dishes are portioned to meet your daily nutrient requirements based on eating 3 regular meals a day with room for a snack or two. We acknowledge that everyone’s needs are different, which is why we use ranges for each nutrient of focus. Find what works for you with the following breakdown.
- < 650 calories
- 25-55% of calories from carbohydrates
- 15-40g protein
- 20-35% of calories from fat
- >= 8 g fibre
Thrive dishes are based on healthy eating patterns from Canada's Food Guide and Mediterranean and DASH (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) diet principles for prevention of cardiovascular disease, increasing lifespan, improved mental health, and healthy aging.
Check out the Nutrition tab on your meal for more information on the good stuff found in the Thrive category.
Show some appreciation for all that your body does by giving it a daily dose of goodness.